This past weekend the Pamiskatan Canoe Club in La Ronge hosted the 20th annual Eagle Point Classic Canoe Race. Saskatoon paddlers Randy Chapman and Kate Germin took part and finished a very respectable 3rd in the 18km. Ragnar Robinson, from La Ronge but who has also been training with SCC Marathon paddlers this season, finished 1st in the 18km event with partner Bill Jeffery.
This is a great paddling event and paddlers are always treated to warm hospitality and a great time.
Below are the official results and link to a folder of photos from the race courtesy of Warren Kelly.
20th Annual La Ronge Canoe Race
Eagle Point Marina
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Weather: 15 C., mainly cloudy, wind ENE 15 km/hr
(straight out to the rocky reef and back, no buoy turns):
1. Warren Kelly & Rob Mackenzie (17 ft), La Ronge, 47:30
2. Derek Birkham (solo Freedom), Ile-a-la-Crosse, 48:40
3. Jesse Hepworth & Luke Hepworth, Air Ronge, 53:35
(once clockwise around the big island off the Marina, then counterclockwise through Downton Lake and Nut Portage and back to the Marina, about 17 3/4 km):
1. Bill Jeffery & Ragnar Robinson (18 ft), Shellbrook/La Ronge, 1:53:59
2. Martin Bernardin (surf ski), La Ronge, 1:57:15
3. Kate Germin & Randy Chapman (18 ft), Saskatoon, 2:00:29
4. Bob Jarvis & Isaac Dufour-Jarvis (pro shell), Flin Flon, 2:00:40
5. Sid Robinson & Damien Trites (18 ft), La Ronge, 2:10:37
6. Brendon Zarazun & Hilary Johnstone (17 ft), La Ronge, 2:22:26
7. Hilary Johnstone & Dave Smallwood (17 ft), 2:27:59
Check here for news, articles and paddling related information and stories.
RSS Google Chrome Extension: In order for google Chrome users to access that RSS feed for this blog, you must first install the RSS Subscription Extension (by Google). You can find it here